[clug] Sponsor school award

Ian Bardsley ifb777 at tpg.com.au
Thu Dec 3 22:42:42 MST 2009

Chris Smart wrote:
> 2009/12/4 Michael Still <mikal at stillhq.com>:
>
>> I object to you paying. Why not put a hat out at the next meeting and see if
>> anyone else wants to put some money in? I certainly will.
>>

> Hey Mikal,
>
> Thanks for the offer, but my father is the I.T. teacher so it doesn't
> feel right for me to fleece money from others for it. <snip>
>
> -c

****OH BOTHER!! forgot to CC the LIST........Sent again

I don't think that this fact should preclude others from "Kicking the
Tin" to cover the sponsorship cost. If enough funds can be raised from
clug list subscribers, then perhaps a perpetual trophy for the school to
use and a Book Voucher for the selected student should be considered.

I am, by the way, more than happy to "Kick the Tin"

My thoughts

Regards

Ian Bardsley