[clug] Xubuntu 9.04 Places->Download Menu

Jeff smee.heee at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 05:57:30 MDT 2009

G'Day CLUGer's,

As those at tonights meeting will have heard, I've got a bit of trouble trying to change a menu entry in a fresh Xubuntu 9.04 install.

By default, "Places->Download" opens up the file browser pointing to Desktop.

I had found some reference on the web to ~/.config/user-dirs.dirs and changing the line in there from:
XDG_DOWNLOAD_DIR="$HOME/Desktop"
XDG_DOWNLOAD_DIR="$HOME/Download"

However, even after a restart Places->Download still opens up Desktop, I would have assumed that after the change it would have opened up the file manager pointing at Download.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers
--
Jeff <smeeheee at gmail.com>