[clug] asymmetric routing

Craig Small csmall at enc.com.au
Wed Aug 26 00:48:58 MDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 04:11:03PM +1000, Chris Zhang wrote:
> I am wondering if there is a way to tweak the routing table or the firewall
> to dedicate all downloads through the USB dongle and keep my uploads through
> my mobile connection? That is, for a normal tcp connection, all
> acknowledgments get sent out via the phone 3G connection?
Making the phone the default gateway would do it.  The problem is
I'm not sure if the 3G will let you do this.  A standard network, sure
you can often send packets with the "wrong" IP address as the source but
I'm not sure 3G ones will let you do this.

As far as the other network is concerned, you're spoofing the source
address and a lot of places filter that.

 - Craig
--
Craig Small      GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
http://www.enc.com.au/                             csmall at : enc.com.au