[clug] Home Firewall dedicated OS

Ian McLeod ianmcleod75 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 23:38:57 MDT 2009

So either Shorewall or Clark Connect will be fine then - and don't
customise it...  All I want is a gateway / router / VPN server...  So
these things are save to expose directly to the Internet then - or no
less safe than my NAT / firewall Billion modem sitting directly on the
Internet.  Updated Snort and firewall systems does sound like an
improvement though - compared to the basic firewall on my modem..

What about VoIP and wireless?  Currently my modem provides VoIP and VoIP
QoS functionality - won't this break if I bridge the modem?  We have
Naked ADSL so VoIP is not an option - it's an essential utility.