[clug] Sleepy USB drive

David Schoen neerolyte at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 04:48:23 MDT 2009

I've got two of these that I've been using as hot and cold backup
drives for a long time, never had any *other* problems. Although up
until about two months ago I had them on a power board that would
power off when the machine was asleep and I think the regular power
cycling was keeping them in order.

They work when they're not sleeping (as in I can mount and read from
them). I just can't put them to sleep after the machine has been
restored from sleep while they were on.

Dave

2009/8/24 Ian Munsie <darkstarsword at gmail.com>:
> On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 9:34 PM, David Schoen<neerolyte at gmail.com> wrote:
>> My enclosure ( http://coolermaster.com/products/product.php?language=en&act=detail&tbcate=32&id=3237)
>
> I have the same enclosure and stopped using it because I've had more
> than a few issues with it.  Mostly to do with it randomly failing and
> requiring a power cycle to get it to work again. The disk inside was
> fine.
>
> -I
>
> --
> http://darkstarshout.blogspot.com/
> --
> On the day *I* go to work for Microsoft, faint oinking sounds will be
> heard from far overhead, the moon will not merely turn blue but
> develop polkadots, and hell will freeze over so solid the brimstone
> will go superconductive.
>     -- Eric S. Raymond, 2005
> --
> --

High Availability - You'd have to be High to think this is Available