[clug] firefox checks links?

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Mon Aug 24 16:48:08 MDT 2009

Morning everyone,

This is ff 3.5.2 on f11.

I notice a large number of reports in my log like
	named[3085]: network unreachable resolving 'gallery.orchidspng.com/A/IN': 2001:503:231d::2:30#53
and I assume that many more lookups are done that do not fail.

After some checking I noted that this url is listed in a links page
(my local homepage). I did not open any of these links, yet firefox
shows some interest.

What is firefox doing? I turned off safe-browsing - are there more such safety
features in firefox?

Is it doing some kind of pre-emptive lookup (how can I disable it then)?

I also notice messages like
	named[3085]: network unreachable resolving 'storagereview.com.dlv.isc.org/DLV/IN': 2001:500:2c::254#53
which I assume are the DNSSEC part of other lookup entries. Should I leave dnssec enabled?

TIA

--
Eyal Lebedinsky	(eyal at eyal.emu.id.au)