[clug] Sleepy USB drive

David Schoen neerolyte at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 05:34:08 MDT 2009

My enclosure ( http://coolermaster.com/products/product.php?language=en&act=detail&tbcate=32&id=3237
) isn't one of those listed as patchable and long before going and
buying new kit I would get around to making a power board with relay
back to one of the 12v rails in the PC to turn it off (I had something
like this setup ages ago, but last time I upgrade my PC I didn't get
around to rewiring in the socket for the relay).

I'm sure there has to be a software only solution as I can get it to
spin down at times, I just need some magic for completely resetting
the connection to the drive I think. Maybe someone knows a way of
powering down and back up the USB port without rebooting?

Cheers,
Dave