[clug] Ubuntu encrypted file systems

Jack Kelly endgame.dos at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 01:57:31 MDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 9:32 AM, Lana Brindley<lanabrindley at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/8/18 Jack Kelly <endgame.dos at gmail.com>:
>> How is F11 on the Aspire One?
> Can your NetworkManager do PEAP with
>> GTC? Do you get automake 1.11? libtool 2? Those are the real key
>> points for me.
> I'm not sure what you mean by PEAP or GTC, sorry.

It's a particular scheme that's used by the ANU-Secure wireless network.

> I've got automake 1.11
Neat.

> but "rpm -qa libtool" doesn't return anything.
> That could mean I don't have it, or it could mean I'm looking for the
> wrong package name, I guess.

Odd. The package is definitely called libtool:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/libtool

> I'm currently using XUbuntu 9.10 alpha 4 and am pretty
>> happy with it, but I don't like the lack of encryption options on the
>> desktop CD (installed this morning - haven't had a chance to do it
>> retroactively).
>>
>> -- Jack
>>

> As I said, I don't ask too much of my AAO, or F11, so it's a little
> hard for me to be objective. It does, however, suit my needs perfectly
> :)

That's what I find, too. I didn't like the internal layout when I did
the RAM upgrade, but that's a one-off (hopefully).

Thanks for your responses.

-- Jack