[clug] Advise on Sound Card for Myth Box

Ian McLeod ianmcleod75 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 19:53:08 MDT 2009

Jim Croft wrote:
> I have have two of these cards develop an annoying snap crackle 'n pop
> - both were really good up until that point... :(
>
> interested in Ubuntu Linux compatible suggestions to meet these specs...
>
> jim

I remember Creative announcing Linux / open source support in 1998 -
then nothing happened - although they open source site is still running
(on SharePoint lol)

Do Creative *have* any binary or official drivers?  Frustrating that
after 10 years, one can still only get basic 2 channel output out of a
Creative card?