[clug] Remote Desktop through a MS Terminal Server Gateway

Ian McLeod ianmcleod75 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 22:37:48 MDT 2009

Hi,

One of the last remaining reasons I require XP is to use Remote Desktop
to access my work computer - which is accessed by specifying a computer
name as well as host address and credentials - i.e. it goes through a
'Terminal Server Gateway'.  From what I can see - there are a number or
Linux based Remote Desktop compatible clients - however I am unable to
find anything that can handle a Terminal Server Gateway to specify a
computer name on the remote network.

Has anyone had any success (*without* using VPN) to access an XP based
remote PC through a Microsoft Terminal Server Gateway or know of any method?

I don't think running the XP RDP client under WINE will work.

Thanks,

Ian