[clug] Programmer Competency Matrix

Mike Carden mike.carden at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 01:56:43 MDT 2009

Money is not, by a long shot, a good reason for taking on any
particular job. But I wonder...

This discussion and the table (okay, matrix if you insist) that
prompted it has given me pause for thought about several facets of
this.

In Australian dollar terms, what do you think might be the salary
packages enjoyed by the programmers at the various proposed levels?

I ask because it has been my observation that getting to the top of
that hierarchy of ability will net you a job where you can earn
NOT_MUCH_MONEY.

And in contrast, being the CEO of such a person, possessing a fraction
of a clue, will earn you 20 ~ 2000% more money.

--
MC