[clug] Open Source Licensing

George Bray georgebray at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 15:33:15 GMT 2009

I need to understand more about open source licensing options for an
application we want to release, so I'm wondering if CLUGers have any
recommendations for current learning material.

The following two books are 2004 era, has this world changed much in 5 years?

Understanding Open Source and Free Software Licensing
<http://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Open-Source-Software-Licensing/dp/0596005814>

Open Source Licensing: Software Freedom and Intellectual Property Law
<http://www.amazon.com/Open-Source-Licensing-Software-Intellectual/dp/0131487876>

Background Info

Various Licenses and Comments About Them
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/license-list.html

HOWTO: Pick an open source license
http://blogs.zdnet.com/Burnette/?p=130

TIA
   George

PS, yes, yes, I should be doing the ANU course which would contain this info.
http://studyat.anu.edu.au/courses/COMP8440;details.html
--
George Bray, The Australian National University, Canberra, Australia.