Fw: [clug] beginners path

Francis James Whittle fudje at grapevine.net.au
Thu Apr 23 08:26:41 GMT 2009

I don't think I can honestly say that I found CLUG before my movement
from "Linux newbie" to "The nerd at school advocating Linux to all his
uninterested friends and enemies alike."

That said, I've seen a lot of people come here when all else fails.
Internet forums are nice, but sometimes the only reasonable answer turns
out to be "Come to the next meeting and we can arrange walking you
through it."
That's the whole thing about local users' groups really.  If the mailing
list fails, the people on it are potentially close enough that they can
come around to your house and give you a hands-on demo.