[clug] DVB cards

Ian Bardsley ifb777 at tpg.com.au
Thu Apr 23 05:25:09 GMT 2009

David Cottrill wrote:
> Looking for dual channel TV tuner cards that run under Linux.
> Not fussed about USB or PCI.
> Which work and which don't?
>
> Thanks,
> David

Hi David

I have a Hauppage Nova T 500 and a Dvico Dual Digital 2 and both have
been working OOTB for around 18 months.  Whilst I know that the Dvico
card has been replaced with the Dual Digital 4, this is also known to
work fine under Linux.  I believe that the Nova T is still available
from Australian sources.

For what it's worth, I can't speak for the effectiveness of the on board
remote control on either of these cards as I opted for an MS Mediacentre
Remote 'cos it has 2 programable buttons that can learn from other
remotes and therefor can be used to turn other devices on and off.

HIH

Ian Bardsley