[clug] Android developer phones?

Arjen Lentz arjen at lentz.com.au
Thu Apr 9 23:40:49 GMT 2009

Hi Michael

On 10/04/2009, at 3:03 AM, Michael Still wrote:
> Ben Coughlan wrote:
>
>> I'm pretty happy with it.  Touch screen and menu navigation is very
>> responsive.  It does require a gmail account to link with.  The
>> battery life can be iffy.  It charges completely in about 2 hours,
>> but that will only last about 24 hours.  Of course turning off
>> things like wifi and GPS make a very large difference, as does your
>> frequency of use, web browsing etc.  I personally love having SSH
>> capabilities on my phone :)
>
> Try turning off the 3G radio to further increase your battery life
> if you don't care about data speed.

That does require an extra little toggle tool that in fact needs to
invalidate the APN by changing the name string.
Bit of a hack - but it does work ;-)

Cheers,
Arjen.
--
Arjen Lentz, Director @ Open Query (http://openquery.com)
Affordable Training and ProActive Support for MySQL & related

My blog is at http://arjen-lentz.livejournal.com
OurDelta: free enhanced builds for MySQL @ http://ourdelta.org