[clug] Geronimo and Jboss

Michael James michael at james.st
Wed Sep 24 07:11:27 GMT 2008

Can anyone explain to a bear-of-little-brain
 what Geronimo and Jboss actually DO in an Apache-Tomcat server?

TIA,
michaelj

PS:  Yes, I'll meekly read any FM thrown at me,
 but I've read the websites and wikipedia and I'm no wiser.

PPS:  Those sites remind me of a Doonsbury cartoon
 where they go to buy a PC and are confronted with the salesmen
 asking what spec they want in technical detail. Fortunately
 they have brought a phrasebook and manage to ask,
 "Does anyone here have user-friendly wetware?"
 "Oh you want Fred, he's out."