[clug] Command of the Hour

Kim Holburn kim.holburn at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 06:25:24 GMT 2008

A command I like and is very useful at times and which I sometimes
forget is script.

You type:
script fred.txt
exit

After the script command you are in a normal subshell and until you
type an "exit" command everything that appears on the screen gets
appended to the file you specified (fred.txt in this case).

It can be really useful to remember or show someone a sequence of
commands.