[clug] OT: Protesting the proposed clean feed?

Paul Wayper paulway at mabula.net
Tue Oct 28 09:23:11 GMT 2008

Lana Brindley wrote:

> Ah yes, indeed. Just like "illegal content". Which, frankly, scares the
> willies outta me.

As well it should, since in questioning from Greens senator Scott Ludlam,
Conroy revealed that e.g. information about euthenasia would be blocked by
this filter as it is currently illegal in Australia.

Read the whole transcript at
http://scott-ludlam.greensmps.org.au/content/transcript/cybersafety-net-filtering

I have a lot of respect for Scott Ludlam after that - I don't think I could
continue questioning after being given the run around, insulted, and interrupted.

Have fun,

Paul