[clug] [OT]: Worth a Read -- or perhaps on topic...

Robert Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Mon Oct 27 22:55:57 GMT 2008

Jack Kelly wrote:
> Andrew Janke wrote:
>> Mark Newton's letter about internet filtering to Sen Kate Ellis.
>>    http://users.on.net/~newton/ellis-2008-10-20.pdf
>
> Wow. That was a ripper. Will the response also be available?
>
> -- Jack

It is a good letter, but I need to raise one criticism: I can see no
benefit in calling politicians "ignorant" - especially in letters to
other politicians...

Senator Conroy may well be ill-advised and lending his ear to some
lobbyists who may have a particular agenda (could even be to the
software filtering industry, for all we know), and other politicians
may well be embarrassed by the way he is handling this, but it is
seldom the case that someone who manages to get themselves elected
to parliament is "ignorant".

Anyway, I have sent in my letter of objection to the Senator (as
Minister).

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.