[clug] javascript libraries/frameworks

Tong Cuong cuong.tong at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 10:53:17 GMT 2008

I also vote for jquery, it is backed by microsoft, nokia and other big
boys.  The best thing is that it is lite weight (15k compressed for the core
one). Microsoft is shipping it in its next visual studio, Nokia is shipping
it in its phone. (References, jus google it and you'll see :)  ) The forum
is very active and the docco is great as well. I will go jquery all the way
:)

ExtJs is very good, but they are commercial. They have open source license
as well so if your app is opensource, ext is worth looking into. ExtJs
originally came from YUI as YUI extension.  Their UI framework is pretty
good.