[clug] javascript libraries/frameworks

Tim Murphy tim at murphy.org
Mon Oct 27 06:22:03 GMT 2008

Javascript is a dangerous way to do form validation.  Not only does that cut
down your audience to those who have javascript enabled (which, admittedly,
is most people) but validation can easily be sidestepped.  I'm assuming this
will sit on top of a PHP or ASP application?  If so, you will have to verify
the data using that application anyway so (in my opinion anyway) it's not
worth doubling up.

If javascript is used to add functionality to a page, the page should also
be 100% usable and viewable without javascript.