[clug] Thinkpad T40 dual boot problems

David Cottrill cottrill.david at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 05:37:14 GMT 2008

Doesn't use 8MB of space at the end of the partition? Standard XP as far as
I can tell. It is a recurrent bug that I find.

Generally I think Jason is right,  the only real variance is that in my
opinion, for a Windows install you have to use the Windows tools to create
the base partition layout, and the NTFS partition for Windows. It just works
better.
My usual partition table in a dual boot environment is
sda1 /boot
sda2 /windows (ntfs)
sda3 /
sda4 /swap
with Windows installed first. The Linux installer is made to work around
Windows, the Windows installer is not so kind.
The Ubuntu forums are usually great for this so by all means consult them.
David