[clug] OT: Congratulations Caroline...

Mike Carden mike.carden at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 04:44:12 GMT 2008

> I did find these documents quite opaque.

There is an argument to suggest that the one thing bureaucracies are
expert at is creating obfuscated documentation. There's also an art
sometimes employed in agencies, strictly against department of finance
rules, of finding ways to get that expenditure under the cutoff
required before it goes public. I wonder how many sub $100k purchases
fall under the radar but collectively amount to big dollars.

Who was it that said, "A Billion here, a billion there. Pretty soon
you're talking about real money."

--
MC