[clug] OT: Congratulations Caroline...

David Tulloh david at tulloh.id.au
Mon Oct 27 04:14:53 GMT 2008

Michael Still wrote:

> http://www.stillhq.com/diary/001102.html
>
> So, as best as I can tell its about $70 million annually on Microsoft
> stuff for the Commonwealth departments alone.
>
> Miakl
I think some of your calculations are off, for example the biggest entry
is the $11.7M Defence contract.  I found that as Defence item 24227.
It's listed as covering an expected duration of 1226 days, a bit over
three years.  That's about 1.7M for six months.

It also shows how this is really small stuff for the Commonwealth though.

Scanning through, Defence is providing IBM with $88.7M for a three year
software licence, there's also an IBM training contract for $107M and
roughly 33 other IBM contracts.  I also saw over $850k going to VMWare,
all those contracts were one year or less.

David