[clug] OT: Protesting the proposed clean feed?

Anthony David adavid at adavid.com.au
Thu Oct 23 23:30:53 GMT 2008

Lana Brindley wrote:
> 2008/10/24 Nathan Rickerby <rickerby at gmail.com>

>>> the ABC have picked up the story
>>>
>>> http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/10/24/2399876.htm
>>>
>> That's great to see, but I'm a little disappointed the story wasn't
>> about a 71 post OT thread on the CLUG list.
>>

> As was I.
>
> Still, it's nice to see some mainstream coverage in the "filtering is bad"
> vein. Also spotted this little gem: http://viv.id.au/blog/?p=2345 It would
> seem as though Ludlum might be worth cc'ing a copy of your letter to (along
> with Bob Brown).

A good place to start would also be our own ACT Senators. Kate Lundy was
a defender of EFA's views during the 1999 debate and was a strident
critic of the proposal on both technical and privacy grounds. Gary
Humphries is also one to consider ideas on their merit and not just on
'moral panic'.

Anthony