[clug] OT: Protesting the proposed clean feed?

Lana Brindley lanabrindley at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 23:16:01 GMT 2008

2008/10/24 Nathan Rickerby <rickerby at gmail.com>

> On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 09:26:01AM +1100, Dale Baldwin wrote:
> > Brett Worth wrote:

> >> 48 hours - 71 follow-up posts. Could this be the longest OT clug
> >> thread EVER?
> >>
> > the ABC have picked up the story
> >
> > http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/10/24/2399876.htm
>
> That's great to see, but I'm a little disappointed the story wasn't
> about a 71 post OT thread on the CLUG list.

As was I.

Still, it's nice to see some mainstream coverage in the "filtering is bad"
vein. Also spotted this little gem: http://viv.id.au/blog/?p=2345 It would
seem as though Ludlum might be worth cc'ing a copy of your letter to (along
with Bob Brown).

Cheers! Lana

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build
bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
-- Rick Cook

http://lanabrindley.blogspot.com

See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html for more
information.