[clug] OT: Protesting the proposed clean feed?

Sunnz sunnzy at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 11:07:09 GMT 2008

2008/10/23 Brad Hards <bradh at frogmouth.net>:

> I don't want filtering either, but is there really an unfiltered feed now?
>
> I understand that all Australian ISPs are required to block access to a
> certain list of sites (provided by ACMA)
>
> Brad

To my knowledge they do block certain usenet hosted within Australia.

But that's it, it is pretty minimal in terms of impact, one can easily
see the content anyway by using an alternative usenet hosted overseas.
I personally never used usenet myself, not sure about people on the
list though.

--
This e-mail may be confidential. You may not copy, forward or use any
part. All disclaimers on the Internet are of zero legal effectiveness