[clug] OT: Protesting the proposed clean feed?

Sunnz sunnzy at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 10:35:05 GMT 2008

2008/10/23 Nathan Rickerby <rickerby at gmail.com>:

> Without a method for seeing the certificate the ISP gets when making the
> second https connection, how can you verify they are connecting to the
> true intended destination.  The connection could be man-in-the-middled
> again between the ISP and your bank.
>
> I really can't see the https meddling shenanigans happening any time
> soon.

Yes I think many if not all people here agree with you because we all
understand the matter.

However my impression is that the politician just want to censor "the
web" even at the cost of violating everybody's security and privacy
within Australia, all they see is a check box next to http and https,
I bet ya even Mr. Conroy wouldn't even know what's going on when his
https to this favourite bank gets intercepted.

A 6 minute interview regarding to https with Mark from Internode:
http://radioadelaidebreakfast.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/isp.mp3

It seems real enough to me and the threat comes from lack of awareness
of the general public. My thought is that people needs to be informed.

--
This e-mail may be confidential. You may not copy, forward or use any
part. All disclaimers on the Internet are of zero legal effectiveness