[clug] OT: Protesting the proposed clean feed?

David Schoen neerolyte at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 10:08:35 GMT 2008

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 8:56 PM, Peter Barker <pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au
> wrote:
>
> I... *am* impressed!  They've managed to find an easy way to get the lowest
> common denominator.  Holden and Ford are *both* going to be annoyed when
> their pages are blocked by zealots from the opposing camp.

This is extremely unlikely with the system that was in the schools,
something that's been around a while has likely already been checked and
trying to reclassify it at that point would only work for the local school
and even then only temporarily because of checks and balances higher up.

I didn't like the system, but I do think it was well thought out.

Your idea would probably work with something new like domains that pop up
for new movies. If it was controversial it would be highly possible it would
disappear for a few days, but it's unlikely it would stay gone.

- Dave.