[clug] OT: Protesting the proposed clean feed?

Michael Carter mcarter at funnelback.com
Thu Oct 23 02:42:17 GMT 2008

They've done more than the one trial on this.

 From the ACMA trial report that was sent to this list recently
(http://www.acma.gov.au/webwr/_assets/main/lib310554/isp-level_internet_content_filtering_trial-report.pdf)
comes:

"The previous trial reported that when filters were connected to the
test network and actively filtering performance degradation ranged from
75 per cent to a very high 98 per cent between the best and worst
performing filter products. In the current trial the corresponding
performance degradation varied across a greater range—from a very low
two per cent to 87 per cent between the best and worst performing filter
products."