[clug] OT: Protesting the proposed clean feed?

David Cottrill cottrill.david at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 23:10:31 GMT 2008

Hello all, I'm new here.
To me this debate is more about whether we should then whether we can.
Policy-wise there is always a 'can do' attitude because that is what policy
requires. Realistically the technical details can always be sorted out. If
the goverment had sufficient will it could simply make https illegal, and
enforce it though the ISPs. A stupid move, but technically possible.

The argument here is about the merits of the idea. Frankly each parent must
decide where they sit in the area of privacy vs guardianship of their kids.
It is an individual choice. Sen(?) Conrads clean feed idea takes that choice
away from parents. True there are plenty of parents out there that can't or
won't suprevise their kids, but that can be described as irresponsible
parernting, an excellent (unfair) response to this (unfair) policy.
David