[clug] OT: Protesting the proposed clean feed?

David Tulloh david at tulloh.id.au
Wed Oct 22 11:54:52 GMT 2008

Ian Bardsley wrote:
> Perhaps all that needs to happen is for Minister Conroy to be sent a
> copy of all the dialog that this post has generated in a few hours
> with a note that this is a relatively small group and it would not be
> unreasonable to multiply the negative reaction by a factor of 250k to
> get some idea of how close to a snow balls chance in hell of getting
> to first base with this he has.

Unfortunately most people don't realise what's wrong with the idea.
Once it's implemented there will be some initial pain, some protest and
bad press, a bunch of people will opt-out and we will just learn to live
with the occasional mandatory blocked site.

As much as I hate it I suspect we will still have it in five years time.

We have had filtering of websites hosted in Australia and Australian
based news servers for at least the last seven years.

David