[clug] OT: Protesting the proposed clean feed?

Ian Bardsley ifb777 at tpg.com.au
Wed Oct 22 11:20:47 GMT 2008

Yo Andrew

I agree entirely. I probably used a bad example here but I do get a
little peeved when I get blatently ripped off and that is what is happening.

However, I do feel that if something is to be priced out of existence it
should be via taxation which would benefit everyone ultimately and not
via significantly increased profit margins for corporate giants and
ultimately institutional investors. I defer to Paul Keating and 4 wheel
drive vehicles when he said "Tax 'em out of existence" on this.

So lets take another example of an environmental nature. Australia has
huge reserves of natural gas. I understand that something like 62% of
households have natural gas connected. Our government is quite happy to
subsidise the conversion of motor vehicles to LPG most of which is
imported and the rest produced as part of the oil refining process. So,
why can't they subsidise conversion to Natural Gas and the mechanism to
refill from domestic gas points. As I understand it, running a vehicle
on gas significantly reduces a households carbon footprint. Could it be
that the global oil giants would remove their political donations?

Bugger...whats that all got to do with trying to censor the internet. Oh
I remember, it's a political diversion!

Take care

--

*Ian Bardsley*

Phone: +61 0423 195 927 (mobile only)

E-mail: ifb777 at tpg.com.au <mailto:ifb777 at tpg.com.au>

Web: http://ozybard.homeip.net/fridgedoor

Skype: mumnian.......On Line 8pm – 11pm Aust Eastern Daylight Saving
Time (0900 Hrs – 1200 Hrs GMT)

/<<< [That which you accept is all you can ever expect to receive] >>>/