[clug] OT: Protesting the proposed clean feed?

Lana Brindley lanabrindley at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 02:23:35 GMT 2008

2008/10/22 Peter Barker <pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au>

> On Wed, 22 Oct 2008, Lana Brindley wrote:
>
>  You've hit on some good issues here, but I think the main thing we need to
>> be debating is not so much the technical aspects of what will be filtered
>> or
>> not filtered, how it's going to work, opt-in/opt-out and all the rest, but
>>

> And, perhaps, the technical aspects of working around the filtering.
> Since I don't know any technical details on how the trial is being
> conducted, I don't have anything useful to add on that point yet, though.

I would imagine that this would happen in force if the filter goes into
effect. I know of at least one website that has been registered that will
detail workarounds in the event it goes ahead.

> Has anyone else found any actual technical details?

 I dare say that technical details beforehand will be sketchy at best and
factually incorrect at worst.

Cheers! Lana

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build
bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
-- Rick Cook

http://lanabrindley.blogspot.com

See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html for more
information.