[clug] OT: Protesting the proposed clean feed?

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Wed Oct 22 01:54:51 GMT 2008

On 22/10/2008, at 12:16 , Lana Brindley wrote:

> ... all they are hearing is that the government are saving the
> children from seeing porn. Now you know and I know that that is
> about as far
> from true as you can get, but unfortunately we're not the only
> people who
> vote.

The worst bit is that they're going to stop me viewing porn!

I don't care that the filter will also stop me reading the Liberal
Democratic Party or Australian Motorist Party websites. They're only
fringe groups whose opinion I don't respect anyway!

Yeah! Bring on the "porn filter we had to have"!

And will *someone* please make the Lapthornes shut up? Geeze... their
daughter goes overseas and gets herself killed, suddenly they're in
the news every night deprecating the good name of our very democratic
Government!

But seriously, the most traumatic memory I have is watching a Tootsie
woman being decapitated with a machete. I wasn't even in Rwanda - one
moment the news was about some Hollywood personality, next there was
a scene from Rwanda with a woman running away from a village with her
children, the Ihuitus caught her and chopped her head off. The news
presenters didn't even bother dithering out the act.

Will the "clean feed" allow that kind of footage on the Internet?
After all, it was appropriate for a prime time News article on TV.

Which leads me to ask the question, who determines what is
"inappropriate"? Senator Harradine? Dr. Frankenfurter?
Alex