[clug] OT: Protesting the proposed clean feed?

Lana Brindley lanabrindley at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 22:07:31 GMT 2008

2008/10/22 Craig Small <csmall at enc.com.au>

> On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 07:40:54AM +1100, Jack Kelly wrote:
> > I hope you don't mind the OT'ness of this post, but here goes:
> I didn't mind.  So they're at it again?  You think they'd work out the
> only people that consistently say it is possible are people that would
> have to be payed to build these filters.

It seems to have gained a bit more momentum this time than it has other
times.

> > Letter-writing would be a good idea around about now.
> A lot of people don't, unfortunately.  I should just try to find the
> stuff I wrote around 99 (I think, it was a while ago) when the last lot
> tried to bring it in so we had a GST.

I'll be writing one - there's a few good ones lurking around for those who
care to Google.

Please 'scuse my ignorance, but I didn't understand Craig's last sentence.
What's the link
between a net filter and the GST?

Lana

--
Cheers! Lana

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build
bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
-- Rick Cook

http://lanabrindley.blogspot.com

See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html for more
information.