[clug] Editing PDF Documents [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 08:54:33 GMT 2008

2008/10/17 Roppola, Antti - BRS <Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au>:
> Just the other day, I thought I'd be lazy and use Illustrator to modify some page
> numbers in a manuscript someone generated using Latex. Unfortunately because the
> fonts were not native PDF fonts, this proved too difficult to bother with.

Although I should chime in and mention that the ability to save PDF's
with text all rendered as vectors is imperative if you happen to use
FOSS for work in the (commercial) world of DTP/signwriting/etc as I
do.

Without this ability I would be up a creek without a paddle trying to
get the output from screen printers and the likes to look anywhere
near what I have on my screen. :)  So a _BIG_ thank you to whoever it
was who added the "Convert text to Paths" option to inkscape.

--
Andrew Janke
(a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)