[clug] Editing PDF Documents

Keith Goggin keith.goggin at bigpond.com
Wed Oct 15 00:50:12 GMT 2008

On Wednesday 15 October 2008 09:37:01 Alex Satrapa wrote:
> On 14/10/2008, at 00:11 , Keith Goggin wrote:
> > Every once in a while I need to edit the text of a PDF document and
> > save the
> > updated document also as a PDF.
>
> Is there any chance you can get access to the original document, in
> whatever format it was authored? Was the PDF originally generated
> from a Quark Xpress, Microsoft Word, LaTeΧ or similar document?
>
> Just trying to suggest an easier way >.<

Hi Alex,

The original was commercially created for my son and the only metadata I could
find in the document was the authors name. My son needs to make very minor
text changes from time to time which would cost him, hence my endevour.

I will try out OpenOffice 3 PDF import/edit/export in openSUSE11.1B3 next
week.

Thanks again