[clug] VOIP advice

Stephen Boyd bunyipr at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 12:49:55 GMT 2008

On Thu, 2008-10-02 at 15:40 +1000, Chris Smart wrote:
> Therefore, I'm assuming that the ATA device I get will also have a
> standard phone line plug (as well as the RJ45 for VOIP), so that
> regular landline calls can come in and out? Does it always make VOIP
> calls then, or can I tell it to use the actual landline when (and if)
> I want to?
Some ATAs don't have a landline connection (e.g. Linksys 2000 series
don't but 3201 does.)

Always set your dialplan so 000, 18xx and 13xx numbers go via the
landline. Two reasons: they should get routed correctly based on your
location rather than your VSP's and the cost is the same for 13xx
numbers.

Stephen.