[clug] New Programming SIG venue - Griffin Centre?

Paul Wayper paulway at mabula.net
Thu Oct 2 05:48:30 GMT 2008

 Hi everyone,
 A thunderbolt struck me as I was pondering where to try to have the
next Programming SIG.  The Griffin Centre is right in the centre of
town, easy to get to, and has a variety of meeting rooms with
projector screens and so forth.  The only concern I have is that (of
course) these will cost money - $30/hr to be precise.  I've booked the
room for two hours (6:30 to 8:30) for this first time and I'm prepared
to wear that cost myself to trial the location and time.
Unfortunately they don't do units of less than an hour.
 What I'd like to try this time is a donation-based system to cover
the cost of the room.  We'll work out the real cost per person and
people can put in more or less than that depending on their
circumstances.  If we have any money left over that'll go toward the
next hall hire, and so forth.  If anyone's got any better ideas, then
I'd be happy to hear them! :-)
 Let us know what you think,
 Paul