[clug] What causes an unkillable process?

Duncan Roe duncan_roe at acslink.net.au
Wed Nov 26 20:31:34 GMT 2008

I have been finding recently that sometimes a process will be stopped (e.g.
because of SIGTT(IN|OU) and will not be killed by kill -9 until you first kill
it with SIGCONT. I don't remember if ps showed the process in state D (as here)
or T (stopped) - hope this is some help anyway.

Cheers ... Duncan.