[clug] Another esoteric question...

Peter Barker pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au
Mon Nov 24 12:29:38 GMT 2008

On Mon, 24 Nov 2008, Michael Cohen wrote:

> Of course if you are running from within screen you could just press
> ctrl-a escape to enter copy scrollback mode where you can highlight
> the output and place it into a file to run sort of etc. Screen scrolls
> back quite a long way and can hold quite a lot of output.

Oh, fine.  Here I was, setting us up for a fine emacs-vs-vi flamewar, and
you try to start "emacs-vs-screen"?!  Gawd.  ;-)

Thankfully, it seems others are providing tinder for that.

You have, however, touched on one of my pet peeves about screen.  A lot of
the default bindings clash with common readline keystrokes.  ctrl-a being
the worst of them!

> Michael.

Yours,
--
Peter Barker                          |   Programmer,Sysadmin,Geek.
pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au	      |   You need a bigger hammer.