[clug] Another esoteric question...

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 06:24:30 GMT 2008

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 2:52 PM, Nemo <wombat at nemo.house.cx> wrote:
> Technically it's two fewer characters to type, and up to
> 4 fewer keystrokes depending on how you type/count
> keystrokes for multiple shift+key,key characters)

Aye, I am now in the habit of doing this:

   $ which fredthing.sh
   $ vi `!!`

Although this still doesn't get around my original problem which can
be better described like this:

Suppose I have just written some great big nested convoluted for loop
that is checking status of a bunch of things and takes a bit of time.
Where a bit of time == 30 minutes+.

It then outputs the result and I realise I wanted it sorted on the
second column.
Then I have to make a choice, run it all again and add the '| sort' to
the end or
copy and paste it into a file and just run sort on that.

--
Andrew Janke
(a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)