[clug] Firefox plugin or special proxy software to archive my browsing history?

Tim Rayner Tim.Rayner at aarnet.edu.au
Sun Nov 23 22:30:02 GMT 2008

On Mon, 2008-11-24 at 09:15 +1100, Alex Satrapa wrote:

> The web browsers I'm using provide me with a searchable history, but
> they still insist on reloading the actual content from the originating
> server.

I've just tried firefox's "work offline" mode.  It seems to work fine
with some sites - serving up the content of a url that I've visited
before - eg.
http://slashdot.org/, and a link I followed this morning to
http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2008/nov/23/water-mill-eco-invention

The sites that don't work in offline mode, such as
http://linuxtoday.com/ seem to have Prgama:no-cache set in the page info
- instructing your browser not to cache the content - presumably this
helps their ad revenue, but hinders your offline browsing :(

Hopt this helps

Tim.

Tim Rayner
ACT Regional Network Manager, AARNet Pty Ltd
street address: Building 9, Banks Street, YARRALUMLA  ACT  2600
postal address:  GPO Box 1559, CANBERRA   ACT   2601
t. +61 2 6222 3573     f. +61 2 6222 3535     e.
Tim.Rayner at aarnet.edu.au
w. www.aarnet.edu.au

important
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, and the
rights of confidentiality in such information are not waived or lost by
its mistaken delivery to you.  Any dissemination, copying, use or
disclosure of the email and/or such files without the permission of
AARNet, or the sender, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received
this email in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete
all copies of this transmission.