[clug] Firefox plugin or special proxy software to archive my browsing history?

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Sun Nov 23 22:15:13 GMT 2008

On 21/11/2008, at 20:49 , Hal Ashburner wrote:

> $ cd .mozilla/firefox/xyzasdf.default/Cache
> $ for cachefile in * ; do file $cachefile; done | grep HTML
>
> lynx -force_html whatever_looks_likely_from_the_output_of_the_above
>
> if you're going that way you probably prefer pages that don't need
> images
> and javascript ...

I'd also prefer a way to associate the file with a URL, and preferably
in such a way that I don't have to drop to the command line and filter
through a thousand files to find the page I'm looking for. I'll
persist with this Java based thingamibob for the moment.

The web browsers I'm using provide me with a searchable history, but
they still insist on reloading the actual content from the originating
server.

Alex