[clug] Open Source Accountants

Ian Bardsley ifb777 at tpg.com.au
Thu Nov 20 10:41:05 GMT 2008

Hi Ben

I would point out that for a large number of small businesses who are
owner operated and have only one person or maybe 2, software like
Quicken or MYOB is overkill and therefor a waste of money. I'm a sole
trader and account via a small series of spreadsheets (OO.o of course).
Why? 'cos I never need more than a cash book and GST accounting is now
very simple as is PAYG. My cash book spreadsheet, does a monthly P&L and
I dont worry about a balance sheet. Invoices are prepared using a OO.o
Writer Form My accountant is happy with this approach and prepares
annual Tax Return from this information.

HIH :-)

--

*Ian Bardsley*

Phone: +61 0423 195 927 (mobile only)

E-mail: ifb777 at tpg.com.au <mailto:ifb777 at tpg.com.au>

Web: http://ozybard.homeip.net/fridgedoor

Skype: mumnian.......On Line 8pm – 11pm Aust Eastern Daylight Saving
Time (0900 Hrs – 1200 Hrs GMT)

/<<< [That which you accept is all you can ever expect to receive] >>>/