[clug] command line NTLM authentication proxy?

Sam Couter sam at couter.id.au
Wed Nov 19 08:22:13 GMT 2008

On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 16:03:29 +1100
"Chris Smart" <mail at christophersmart.com> wrote:

> I feel your pain :)

Happily, I've been recently relieved of this particular pain. Instead
I've got new pain such as a proxy that returns 200 OK and an error page
instead of HTTP error codes that my tools can actually detect. Grr.

> SVN+SSH should work fine, SVN+HTTP on the other hand is a little more
> tricky. You need to edit your .svn/servers config and tell it to use
> localhost:5865, etc.

NTLMAPS doesn't properly support the DAV methods used by SVN without
patching. It strips the request body on the NTLM challenge responses to
save bandwidth, but it sends a Content-Length header indicating a body
will follow.

If you know Python, the fix is pretty simple. I've been remiss and
failed to submit my patch to the SourceForge project. Probably wouldn't
do much good, it looks like development has stagnated.
Sam Couter         |  mailto:sam at couter.id.au