Fwd: [clug] Has anyone ever worked with the Drupal CMS?

David Cottrill cottrill.david at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 07:00:39 GMT 2008

I'll bend gmail to my will yet...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Cottrill <cottrill.david at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 5:00 PM
Subject: Re: [clug] Has anyone ever worked with the Drupal CMS?
To: Seth Turnbull <seth.turnbull at gmail.com>

I've been doing a lot of work with Drupal recently. It can be like
using a sledgehammer to crack an egg if you're after a simple site.
I can't recommend it enough if you are building  site that has to be
highly customised (CCK + Views2 = magic), but if you need simplicity,
best off looking at Tikiwiki or similar.
Drupals release cycle is QUICK. The current version (6.6) was released
in February and the next major release is anyone's guess but should
appear late next year. Only core modules are guaranteed to work
between major releases.
Its security is rock solid, but expect to have minor updates that need
installing about once a month.

David