[clug] "Why switching to Ubuntu is a really dumb idea"

Mike Carden mike.carden at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 06:42:28 GMT 2008

> I'm sure we could all do with taking an hour out of a clug one night and reboot our laptops 30 times or so as a group while we try to work this stuff out.

There was an entertaining talk on this at LCA07 in Sydney. Was it the
Red Hat crew looking into it? Many, many oddnesses were found.

"Let's go see if there's anything on that bus."
"Nope, all empty."
"Okay, let's go check it, say, another thousand times to make sure."

Stuff like that.

Darn. I just searched http://www.linux.org.au/conf/2007/Programme.html
and it doesn't appear to be there. IIRC it may have been on the Friday
afternoon, but I may be wrong. I had a feeling it was after the
Writing a Hypervisor talk.

--
MC