[clug] "Why switching to Ubuntu is a really dumb idea"

Jason j.lee.nielsen at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 05:16:55 GMT 2008

I took some time the other day to look at my bootchart output and found enough fluff to cut the time from a ridiculous 85 seconds down to a not pleasant 60s without too much difficulty and that's with out getting too adventuresome or being too knowledgeable just with simple google query's like "what is lsb_release".

I'm sure we could all do with taking an hour out of a clug one night and reboot our laptops 30 times or so as a group while we try to work this stuff out.

Jason